Senior Back End Developer
Seniority Level: Senior
Employment type: Full-time
We are a Bucharest-based company with the mission to shake up the food ordering industry. We were the first to introduce the freemium business model for restaurants, empowering business owners to set up online ordering by themselves. Our product philosophy is taking little effort and input from our clients and using technology to automate and replace manual actions.
Besides the core functionality of online ordering, our product includes complementary modules such as: auto-generated websites and branded mobile apps, promotions engine, customizable receipts printing, automated email & sms marketing or dedicated management areas for partners.
Our technology stack:
- Node.js, Express, Socket.IO
- MySQL, Redshift, ElasticSearch, Redis
- AWS services: SES, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, Route53, ELB, EKS, ECR
- Angular 14, HTML5, CSS3
We’re searching for a passionate backend developer that can help us build great products. A proactive individual that gets things done fast, that loves challenges and is able to find creative solutions.
What you’ll be working on:
- Autopilot Selling - a marketing service that sends automated emails and sms on behalf of restaurants. Unlike other existing systems, Autopilot has all the campaigns pre-built, from content to client segmentation (e.g. cart abandonment, client inactivity, birthday, bad weather)
- Reporting - sales and website analytics reports for restaurants. These include graphics, data exports and personalized recommendations.
- Analytics system - our analytics infrastructure, the foundation of the Reporting and Autopilot modules. It requires you to explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Proven track record of shipping quality software in a number of professional environments (8+ years of experience preferred);
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining data intensive applications;
- Experience building apps requiring periodically crunch a large amount of accumulated data (batch processing)
- Experience working with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Elasticsearch, Nodejs;
- Experience working with APIs and integrations with 3rd parties;
- Analytical mind with strong problem solving aptitudes;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field;
- Fluent in English.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Event based data collection tools (e.g. Snowplow, Google Analytics).
- Single page apps using Angular or React frameworks;
Please submit your application along with your resume to email@example.com
The perks of joining us
Aside from the great central location, open culture and equal opportunities
We work with the latest technologies
We pride ourselves with keeping up to date with the latest advancements in technology and seamlessly blending them into our core stack.
Flat hierarchy and fast decision-making
We believe in simple processes, open communication and self-managed teams that collaborate to create beautiful products users will love.
First-class customer support and user journeys
We work hard on making sure the customer considers us an important business partner, and their clients have a flawfless ordering experience.