Black Friday is just around the corner, and people have already started hunting for deals. While there was a fixed date at the beginning and only shopping stores participated, now every place that sells something chooses a day or a period in November to offer big promotions.
Taking part in Black Friday is a great way to increase your restaurant’s visibility, attract new customers, and gain loyal clients. Why not join the deals-giving?
In this article, you will find plenty of Black Friday restaurant deals and ideas you can implement to benefit your business.
3 ideas for Black Friday restaurant specials
Many restaurants will participate in Black Friday, so you must find ways to stand out from other offers to encourage people to choose your place. Aside from classic promotions, how about you create some Black Friday restaurant specials only available for the week?
Hype the new offers on your website and social media so you create FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) for people who cannot order your specials in the availability window. Here are a few ideas you can try:
1. Taste our menu
Sometimes we browse a menu and can’t decide what to order because everything looks delicious. We are sure people have this problem when deciding what to order from your restaurant, so why not help them out?
Add a menu item titled “Taste our menu”, which is practically a tasting menu with all your best-selling dishes. Make the portions smaller than the normal ones, so you can sell them for a reduced price yet still make a profit.
Don’t worry about the cost of updating your restaurant menu. If you use our online ordering system, you can add a new menu item in seconds for no added cost. Watch this video to learn how easy it is:
To make this tasting menu offer available for dine-in clients, you will need a QR-code restaurant menu. Clients can just scan the code as soon as they are seated and take advantage of your Black Friday restaurant deals.
The good news is our online ordering system will generate a personalized QR code for your menu for free. This video will show you to create the code in seconds:
2. Sweeten your day
Why have one sweet when you could enjoy a variety of flavors? If you work in a restaurant, you know how hard it is for clients to decide what to have for dessert when they all sound good.
Take away the struggle by offering a menu item with sampling sizes from all the desserts. You can name it “Sweeten your Black Friday” to highlight it is a time-sensitive deal. Thanks to this combo, you may gain some loyal clients who discovered their new favorite dessert.
3. Side-dish galore
When people decide on what side dish to order from the restaurant, they may crave more options – wedges do go great with a fresh salad – but they limit themselves so as not to spend a big sum of money.
Imagine how happy they would be if they could order two or three side dishes for the price of one. Create some side-dish combos that go well together, make the portions smaller, and allow clients to live their best deal-seizing life!
6 Black Friday restaurant promotions you must try
Offering promotions for Black Friday is a must, but it should not be an added stress for you. Whatever your strategy is, adding promotions to your online restaurant menu is extremely easy with our online ordering system.
All you must do is go to admin -> Marketing -> Promotions -> Self-made promos and choose one or more of the tried-and-tested promotion templates available for you. You can customize the name, image, and availability details.
Check out this video to learn how to set up any promotion in just a few minutes:
There are several ways you could organize your Black Friday promotions. Here are a few ideas for inspiration:
- Choose a single day: you can opt for a slow day to increase your sales. On Black Friday, don’t just offer a promotion, but activate as many as you can at the same time and promote their availability on your social media;
- Spread the promotions out throughout the week: a new day, a new promotion! Create a Black Friday event that spreads over five days, enabling a different promotion for each. Tease every new promotion on social media the day before to get people interested.
Start attracting new customers by enabling these classic promotions that never fail:
- 10% off total: you can change the percentage to one you are comfortable with, but no less than 5%, as it must be enticing for customers. You can also set a minimum order amount for the promotion to apply;
- 30% discount on desserts: it’s always nice to finish a meal with a delicious dessert. And it’s even better if that dessert is cheaper than usual;
- Free delivery: encourage large orders by offering free delivery for people who order over a certain settled amount. People prefer to add another item to their cart than pay for delivery.
- Buy one, get one free: for one day, you can offer clients a second free meal for every main dish. This promotion will certainly be popular with couples as they can both eat but only pay for one menu item;
- Get a free dessert: choose a mouth-watering dessert to give away for free for every order. As its picture will appear at the start of the menu, clients will see it as soon as they open your online restaurant menu and be enticed to click on the Order button;
- 10% discount if you pay online: some people already prefer to pay for their food online and will be happy to benefit from this promotion without having to do anything special. Others will be encouraged to use a card online as it is quite a good deal.
How to create Black Friday restaurant vouchers
Black Friday isn’t just an opportunity to increase sales for a day or a week. It is a chance to increase your visibility and make your restaurant known to as many new people as possible, with the goal of having them return to your restaurant after Black Friday ends.
If you have a new continuous stream of clients after Black Friday, you can consider it a win! Promotions and specials attract the clients, but they keep coming back for the delicious food and great ordering experience.
A great way to encourage people to become loyal clients is to include a voucher in every order placed on Black Friday. You can either add a flyer with the coupon code in the order or send a thank you email where you insert the code.
A good idea for a Black Friday restaurant voucher would be a 5% off their next order. But how do you create a discount coupon code for your clients? Easy, with our help!
Check out this video that teaches all you need to know about setting up coupon codes with our online ordering system:
3 Black Friday restaurant ideas for dine-in
The bulk of your Black Friday restaurant sales will surely be online as you only have a limited number of tables in the restaurant. But there is no reason they shouldn’t be full all day or the whole week you decide to offer great deals.
Here are some Black Friday restaurant ideas that will help bring people into your restaurant:
- Offer exclusive promotions only available in the restaurant: get people to line up at your restaurant door by promising great deals that only apply to dine-in orders, such as 20% off the total check value, free complimentary drinks, or a dessert on the house;
- Hold social media competitions with in-restaurant prizes: if you organize a Black Friday week, encourage people to post a photo of their meal on Instagram and tag your restaurant for a chance to win a free meal for two;
- Implement a table reservation system: if you don’t want people to complain about long waiting times, offer them the possibility to book a table on the busy Black Friday days. Our online ordering system is equipped with an efficient table reservation system you can add to your website in minutes. Check out this demo website to see how easily clients can book a table and even order ahead.
Black Friday is a great opportunity to attract more customers and increase your restaurant’s sales. Choose the time period you want to offer Black Friday restaurant promotions and take advantage of our online ordering system to make everything simple and fun for both you and your clients.